http://www.casewerks.com/). This show featured work by numerous Baltimore artists, concentrating on the themes of housing and architecture here in Baltimore. More can be found out here House Show Info. The piece itself is about the many lives that are lived in a single space through time. Specifically, think of that quote from The Lost Boys, in which Grampa says that "if all the corpses stood up at once, there would be one hell of a population problem." My mind goes to a similar place when I am in an old building or space, thinking about what kind of interactions would be having if the illusion of time wasn't keeping all the people in that room physically separated.
Sunday, December 30, 2012
A whole bunch of new updates are coming soon. This blog is becoming like my journal in high school, in which I always lament how long it's been since I've updated it.
- Protest Thru Art show, and photos.
- Mirkwood Mural for the House Show, done in association with Casewerks.
- Assisted on Lauren Bollini mural for Station North 10 year anniversary.
- Began teaching for Art With A Heart, so projects are coming from some of the work I do with the students I teach.
- With any luck, this summer an incarnation of my Memory and Power project will reactivate with the help of the folks at Art With A Heart
- Episcopal Community Services of Maryland and myself are the recipient of a NEA fast track grant for a new mural for the Club at Collington Square in East Baltimore.
- Also Woe is me Haikus